Three South Jersey Boardwalks Among the Top 10 in the US
USA Today's Reader's Choice Awards for the best boardwalks in the country are out and South Jersey was very well represented.
According to USA Today:
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts James Lilliefors (America’s Boardwalks) and Anna Hider (Roadtrippers) were chosen based on their knowledge of great American boardwalks.
And the top 10 are...
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, C.A
- Ocean City Boardwalk - Ocean City, M.D.
- Carolina Beach Boardwalk - Carolina Beach, N.C.
- Wildwoods Boardwalk - Wildwoods, N.J.
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk - Virginia Beach, V.A.
- Jenkinson's Boardwalk - Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.
- Hampton Beach Boardwalk - Hampton Beach, N.H.
- Old Orchard Beach Pier - Orchard Beach, M.E.
- Seaside Heights Boardwalk - Seaside Heights, N.J.
- Atlantic City Beach and Boardwalk - Atlantic City, N.J.
New Jersey as a whole had 4 out of the top 10 spots!
I'm a little shocked that Ocean City didn't make the cut, but proud overall that South Jersey really dominated.
TELL US: What South Jersey beaches should be on this top 10? Tell us in the comment section below.
SOURCE: USA Today