The surviving Boston Marathon bombings suspect has been released from a civilian hospital and transferred to a federal medical detention center in central Massachusetts.


The U.S. Marshals Service said Friday that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center overnight and was taken to the Federal Medical Center Devens about 40 miles west of Boston.

In a statement, the U.S. Marshal's Service confirmed that "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been transported from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and is now confined at the Bureau of Prisons facility FMC Devens at Ft. Devens, Mass.”

The facility, on the decommissioned Fort Devens U.S. Army base, treats federal prisoners and detainees who require specialized long-term medical or mental health care.

WCVB reports the move may be more for security concerns at the hospital i

The 19-year-old Tsarnaev is recovering from a gunshot wound to the throat and other injuries suffered during his attempted getaway.

Suspect's Father's Delays Trip To Boston

A day after the he mother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects said the whole incident was staged husband Anzor is delaying his trip to the United States due to illness.

(L-R) Anzor & Zubeidat Tsarnaev, parents of Boston Marathon bombing suspects at a Russian press conference (CBS)

CNN reported that his wife Zubeidat Tsarnaev called an ambulance for Anzor Tsarnaev on Thursda

Anzor was expected in Boston to claim the body of his son Tamerlan Tsarnaev and take it back to Russia. Zubeidat says he will not be allowed to see Dzhokhar at his Boston hospital.

"I am going there to see my son and bury my older one," Anzor said in an emotional meeting with journalists. "I have no bad thoughts, I'm not planning any bombings, I don't want to do anything. I'm not offended by anyone. I want to know the truth, what happened. I want to work it out."

In an interview with CNN in Makhachkala, Dagestan,  Zubeidat Tsarnaev describes the bombing as a "show" that was staged and claims to have seen a video supporting her belief.

"That's what I want to know, because everybody's talking about it -- that this is a show, that's what I want to know. That's what I want to understand," she told CNN.

Zubeidat admits that she has not seen any news footage of the bombing but dismissed it, saying the blood in the street was paint. But then she broke down when talking about the victims. "I really feel sorry for all of them. Really feel sorry for all of them," she told CNN, her voice cracking.

She is wanted on felony, shop lifting and property damage charges in Massachusetts according to CNN and will not join her husband on the trip.

The Associated Press contributed to this story