Philly Couple Arrested by NJ State Police, $2K in Drugs and a Gun Seized
New Jersey State Police prevailed yet again with a drug bust that yielded a couple thousand dollars in drugs and a firearm this past Saturday night.
State Trooper Justin Dolan had originally stopped the vehicle for a traffic violation on Route 42 in Gloucester County when he suspected the driver of DWI.
Police say they discovered Jose Morales-Nieves, 38, and Kimberly Alicea, 24, in possession of 30 grams of marijuana, 15 grams of crack cocaine, prescription legend drugs, drug paraphernalia, and more than $13,900 in cash.
Also in their possession was a loaded 9mm handgun with hollow point ammunition.
The Trooper arrested Morales-Nieves originally for suspicion of DWI. Both were then charged with the following:
- Possession of crack cocaine
- Possession of crack cocaine with intent to distribute
- Possession of marijuana
- Unlawful possession of a weapon
- Possession of a firearm while committing a drug offense
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of hollow point ammunition
- Possession of prescription legend drugs
- Criminal under the influence
Both Morales-Nieves and Alicea are from Philadelphia and are currently being held at Camden County jail as they await a bail hearing.