Six Arrested During Weekend Disturbance in Atlantic City
Atlantic City Police say five men and a woman were arrested on Saturday during a police response for a large group of people that was getting ready to fight.
According to a press release, officers responded to the 1300 block of Drexel Avenue just after 6:00 Saturday evening for the report of a large group of people that was arguing and preparing to fight. While dispersing the crowd, a woman told officers them that a man had pointed a gun at her.
Officers located that man along with several others in the 1400 block of Adriatic Avenue. The men refused to stop for the officers and attempted to walk away. During the initial investigation and ensuing melee, which included 30 to 40 individuals surrounding the officers, five men and a woman were arrested.
The Atlantic City Police Department provided an account of the arrests...
Officers arrested Basil Albright after he assaulted an officer and resisted arrest. During the struggle with Albright, a bag of marijuana fell out of his pocket. Samantha Bowe was arrested after picking up the bag and attempting to walk away with it.
During the arrest of Basil Albright, Wahid Albright was arrested after he attempted to interfere in the arrest of Basil.
Levar Davis was arrested after he began to shout at officers. After being ordered to leave the area, he attempted to punch an officer. When he began to throw a punch at the officer, a woman grabbed on to his arm to prevent the attack. Officers attempted to arrest Davis, but he resisted arrest and an assaulted an officer.
Daquan Smith was arrested after he refused to stop for the investigation into being armed with a handgun.
Chanel Green-El was arrested at the Public Safety Building when she arrived to see those arrested. Green-El had attempted to interfere in an arrest.
Those arrested included the following people:
- Basil Albright, a 23-year-old male from Atlantic City; charged with Aggravated assault on a police officer, obstruction of justice, possession of a controlled dangerous substance, and resisting arrest.
- Samanatha Bowe, a 27-year-old female from Atlantic City; charged with Obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence, and possession of a controlled dangerous substance.
- Wahid Albright, a 32-year-old male from Atlantic City; charged with Obstruction of justice and resisting arrest.
- Levar Davis, a 19-year-old male from Atlantic City; charged with Aggravated assault on a police officer, obstruction of justice, resisting arrest, failure to disperse, and disorderly conduct.
- Daquan Smith, an 18-year-old male from Atlantic City; charged with Obstruction of justice.
- Chanel Green-El, an 18-year-old female from Atlantic City; charged with Obstruction of justice, disorderly conduct, and failure to disperse.
Police say all six individuals were released on a summons with a future court date.