Using Gas to Light a Fire Pit Ends With Three Men Hospitalized With Burn Injuries
LACEY TOWNSHIP — What was supposed to be a summer evening of gathering around a fire pit ended with three people being treated for burn injuries after a gasoline accident in the Lanoka Harbor portion of the town.
According to the Lacey Township Police Department the incident happened on Thursday night when three men tried lighting the fire pit with gasoline. The fire flashed back to the can according to police causing "extensive burns."
Two of the men were airlifted to the Temple Burn Center at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia.They were listed as being in stable condition. A third man was taken to Community Medical Center by ambulance.
The incident is being investigated by the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office, the Ocean County Fire Marshal, and Lacey Township Police Det. Adam Ewart.