You Can Make a Difference With Clean Ocean Action’s 2021 Beach Sweeps
Once again, Clean Ocean Action is gearing up to help keep our beaches clean this spring.
Volunteers will gather at beaches all over the Jersey Shore with gloves and trash bags to help keep our beautiful beaches clean on Saturday, April 17th.
The COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancelation of their 2020 spring beach sweeps but over 4,000 people turned-out to help keep our beaches clean in the fall, according to The Press of Atlantic City.
For this spring's sweeps, you must pre-register and you must have a mask. You may be required to take a temperature check at some locations and social distancing will be enforced.
Here's where you can lend a hand, rain or shine:
- Brigantine - 17th St. South Beach- Brigantine Beach Patrol 17th St.
- Margate - Granville Avenue
- Longport – 33rd and Atlantic Avenue Beach
- Ventnor – Newport Avenue Beach, Community Building Atlantic Ave.
Cape May County:
- Avalon - 30th St. West and Avalon Avenue
- Sea Isle City - JFK Boulevard Boardwalk & Promenade (NOTE: this clean-up starts at 10AM)
- Cape May - Nature Center of Cape May, 1600 Delaware Ave- 2nd Avenue Beach
- N. Wildwood - Hereford Inlet Beach - Gazebo at 1st Ave and Surf Ave.
- Ocean City – Ocean City Music Pier
- Stone Harbor – 95th St. Beach
- Wildwood - Poplar Avenue Beach
- Wildwood Crest - Centennial Park, 6700 Atlantic Avenue
- Villas – Beach at Village Rd. and Bay Drive