Harry Hurley Crystal Ball – 22 Predictions for 2022
This is our annual Harry Hurley Crystal Ball special edition.
Please read all the way through our list of 22 predictions for 2022.
It begins with elected officials at all levels of government: local, county, state and national.
We end with 8 predictions about the economy and important quality of life issues, along with a bonus 23rd prediction about COVID-19.
Get our free mobile app
Harry Hurley Crystal Ball
22 Predictions for 2022
1. Jeff Van Drew will be re-elected for a 3rd term as United States Congressman for New Jersey’s 2nd District in 2022.
2. Republicans will retake The United States House of Representatives from Democrats in the November 8, 2022 national midterm elections.
3. Republicans will retake The United States Senate from Democrats in the November 8, 2022 national midterm elections.
4. Following the midterm national elections, former President Donald J. Trump will announce that he will run for President in 2024.
5. Following the midterm national elections, former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie will announce that he will run for President in 2024.
6. New Jersey State Senator Vince Polistina, R-NJ-2 will announce that he will be seeking a second term in 2023.
7. New Jersey State Senator Michael Testa, R-NJ-1 will announce that he will be seeking his third term in 2023.
8. I predict that both Polistina and Testa will both win re-election … Polistina with Assembly running mates Claire Swift and Don Guardian … Testa will win with Assembly running mates Erik Simonsen and Antwan McClellan.
9. New Jersey Assemblyman Michael Torrissi, R-NJ-8 will announce that he is running for re-election in 2023. I predict that Torrissi will win re-election for a 2nd term.
10. Atlantic County Commissioner Ernest Coursey, D-1 will run and win re-election in 2022.
11. Atlantic County Commissioner Richard Dase, R-4 will run and win re-election in 2022.
12. Atlantic County Commissioner Amy Gatto, R-At-Large will run and win re-election in 2022.
13. Atlantic County Executive Dennis Levinson, R will make it clear in 2022 that he will run for re-election in 2023. I predict that Levinson will win an unprecedented 6th 4-year term.
14. Tony Coppola will again become Mayor of Galloway Township, following the two-years of unfortunate disruption caused by a Republican defection. Republicans now have a 7-0 majority.
15. Price tag boom will continue. Feckless policies of The Biden Administration will make matters worse … before they get better.
16. Baby Boom in 2022. 2021 was the lowest increase in United States population increase in American history.
17. Heavy Metal Boom. For example, copper and palladium. Both are necessary for the fabrication of cars, batteries and more. The average car is made up of more than 150 pounds of copper.
18. Inflation will remain high for all of 2022. It will stay at 4 percent & higher throughout.
19. Energy prices will remain high; oil, natural gas and petroleum.
20. The cruise line industry will finally rebound before mid-2022, following two disastrous years of being ravaged by COVID-19.
21. Americans will reflect on personal versus work priorities. Technology and increasing work demands will cause many to address striking a proper balance between the two.
22. Artificial intelligence, autonomous automobiles and other technology advancements will continue to change societal evolution in America.
Heres a bonus and extremely important 23rd prediction.
23. The COVID-19 pandemic finally releases its stranglehold grip in 2022 and we will go from pandemic to endemic.
We will see the beginning of a second “Roaring Twenties,” beginning in 2023. The 1920’s was a sustained period of economic prosperity, coupled with a distinct cultural edge about it.
Get our free mobile app
Time will tell and this time next year, we’ll see how we did with our 2022 predictions.
Most importantly, let’s make it a great 2022. I hope and pray that the corrosive, divisive atmosphere currently infecting our country begins to settle down.