New Survey Reveals NJ in List of Top Ten Least Vaccinated States
The vaccination debate is getting pretty intense these days.
It doesn't really matter on which side of the fence you fall regarding the COVID-19 vaccine argument. Regardless of which side it falls on, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. At the end of the day, people are going to do what they feel is right.
When it comes to vaccinations overall, not just speaking exclusively about the COVID-19 vaccine; apparently, folks here in New Jersey aren't quick to inject themselves with anything.
A new study has revealed that New Jersey has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the entire country. Keep in mind, though; these statistics have nothing to do with the COVID-19 vaccine specifically. Rather, the information gathered involves all vaccines available for people.
To analyze all the different states as well as Washington D.C. and how they compare to each other, the experts took a deep look at information like the number of vaccinated children, health insurance statistics, as well as various outbreaks of certain illnesses in order to determine which state falls where.
Apparently, New Jersey's the 8th worst state for vaccination numbers in the country. With number 1 being the most vaccinated and 51 being the least vaccinated, New Jersey comes in on that list at number forty-four. Taking a closer look at how Jersey measured up to the rest helps to look at the various positions the state held in regards to specific vaccinations, health insurance information, as well as some financial information. Take a look:
Vaccinations in New Jersey (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 35th – Share of Teenagers Aged 13-17 with Up-To-Date HPV Vaccination
- 20th – Share of Teenagers Aged 13-17 with MenACWY Vaccination
- 40th – Flu Vaccination Coverage Rate Among Adults
- 51st – Share of Adults with Tetanus Vaccination
- 50th – Share of Adults Aged 60 and Older with Zoster Vaccination
- 46th – Share of Children 19-35 Months old Living in Poverty with Combined 7-Vaccine Series
- 25th – Share of Civilian Noninstitutionalized Population without Health Insurance Coverage
- 41st – Share of Children Under 6 Years Old Participating in an Immunization Information System
To take a look at the entire report, click here.