Prosecutor: Suspect Named In Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Shooting
The Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office has revealed the identity of the alleged shooter in a homicide that took place On the Atlantic City boardwalk in the early morning hours of Saturday, March 18, 2023.
Here is a link to our previous report about this shooting homicide:
Law enforcement has made quick work of capturing a suspect in Atlantic City’s latest shooting homicide.
Jahlil Boston, 34, has been charged with a myriad of criminal offenses as follows:
- Unlawful Possession of a Weapon.
- Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose.
- Possession of CDS (suspected cocaine).
- Possession of CDS With the Intent to Distribute.
- Possession of CDS With the Intent to Distribute While in a Public Zone.
- Possession of a Weapon While in the Course of Possessing CDS With the Intent to Distribute.
- Possession of a Large Capacity Ammunition.
- Magazine and Possession of a Firearm by a Person Previously Convicted of a Predicate Offense.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office has confirmed that “on Saturday, March 18, 2023, at approximately 1:55 a.m., the Atlantic City Police Department responded to a report of a male gunshot victim in the area of the 1900 block of the Atlantic City boardwalk.”
The ACPO has also revealed that a “male was subsequently pronounced deceased and has been identified as Eric Wynn, 34, of Atlantic City.”
The ACPO has credited a fast response by the Atlantic City Police Department Officers and additional work by the ACHILES Surveillance Center.
The ACPO credited “the quick work of Ret.Officer Steuber and Officers Imbrenda and Peters, Boston was apprehended within minutes of the shooting in possession of a loaded semi-automatic firearm.”
The ACPO has established the following:
- Boston and the victim were acquaintance with each other.
- This shooting was not a random act of violence.
- This investigation is ongoing and cooperative between the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit and The Atlantic City Police Department Violent Crimes Unit.
- Boston will be lodged at the Atlantic County Justice Facility, with his first court appearance to be announced.
SOURCE: Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office.
Great New Jersey Stores That We Once Loved That Are Now Closed
The Atlantic City Area Great Hurricane Of 1944 (AMAZING PHOTOS)