Triathlon to Impact Area Roadways Sunday
A whole lotta highly-motivated people will be participating in a triathlon this Sunday and your travel plans may be impacted.
According to delmposports.com, Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City begins at sunrise Sunday with a 1.2-mile swim in back bay of Atlantic City, followed by a 2.5X loop bike course, and finishes with a 13.1-mile run.
As a result, here are the roads that will be impacted...
Atlantic City and Brigantine
- The Brigantine Connector Tunnel will be closed during the event
- Atlantic City Expressway exits 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be closed from 3:30AM to 1PM.
- Expect heavy traffic on the Black Horse Pike/Albany Avenue from 10AM to 3PM.
- Expect detours and heavy traffic on Mill, Fire, and Westcoat Roads, and Ohio Avenue, from 7:30AM to 1:30PM.
Pleasantville and EHT
- Expect detours and heavy traffic on Delilah, Westcoat, and New Roads, and County Route 651, from 7:30AM to 1:00PM.
Ventnor, Margate, and Longport
- Use West End Avenue or the Atlantic City Expressway to get in and out of Ventnor, Margate, and Longport during the event.
SOURCE: Absecon Police Department