ACPD to Hold Fallen Officers Memorial Thursday Morning
The Atlantic City Police Department will be holding a Fallen Officers Memorial Service Thursday morning.
The event, which will take place during National Police Week, will honor the nine Atlantic City police officers that have died in the line of duty.
A service at St. Nicholas of Tolentine Church on Pacific Avenue will begin at 10AM. Atlantic County Prosecutor Damon Tyner will be the keynote speaker.
At the conclusion of the service, a procession of police officers will be led to the First Responders Memorial at St. James Place and the Boardwalk.
According to a press release, the nine fallen officers to be honored and their end of watch include:
- Patrolman Peter Brewer- April 13, 1890
- Constable Earl C. Wisler- September 1, 1929
- Patrolman Clayton G. Graham- April 23, 1962
- Patrolman Daniel DuRoss- September 24, 1963
- Patrolman Peter John “Sonny” Burke- October 1, 1970
- Patrolman Peter Francis Egnor- October 14, 1981
- Sergeant Kenneth Louis Brown- March 10, 2004
- Patrolman Thomas J. McMeekin Jr- March 4, 2005
- Patrolman Kevin B. Wilkins- February 18, 2010