2/3 of Americans Are Ready to Return to Pre-Pandemic Lives
69 percent of Americans now believe they can return to normal life to a pre-pandemic existence.
This is a dramatic rise in confidence since it was last poll tested in March, 2021, when only 39% felt this way.
“Americans now say they see just a small risk – or no risk at all—in returning to pre-pandemic life, a new Axios-Ipsos poll reveals.”
The improvement in confidence is significant.
Here are how the poll results, released yesterday, break down:
- 30% say they saw a moderate to large risk in returning to their pre-COVID-19 lives, compared to 61% in March.
- 66% have visited friends or relatives in the past week, compared to 44% in March.
- 61% have gone out to eat in the past week, compared to 39% in March.
- 87% of Republicans say they saw little or no risk in returning to pre-pandemic life, compared to 58% in March.
- 58% of Democrats say they saw little or no risk in returning to pre-COVID-19 life, compared to 22% in March.
- 70% of independents saw little or no risk in returning to pre-coronavirus life, compared to 41% in March.
- 73% say they saw little to no risk in shopping at retail stores.
- 63% say they saw little to no risk in taking a vacation.
- 55% saw a moderate to large risk in flying on a plane or taking mass transit.
- 57% saw a moderate to large risk in going to an indoor concert.
- 58% saw a moderate to large risk of going to a bar or indoor nightclub.
- 52% say they favor requiring proof of vaccination to return to work, while 48% were opposed.
There is no doubt in my mind that the key to this has been the COVID-19 vaccine.
It is giving Americans their lives back, again.
You could say that the COVID-19 Vaccine is Making America Great Again.
SOURCE: Axios-Ipsos poll, conducted June 4-7, 2021. It sampled 1027 adults. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.