Hurley: President Donald Trump Second Act Is Already Underway
HARRY HURLEY OPINION EDITORIAL
I know President Donald Trump very well. We’ve known each other for more than 30 years.
Should Joe Biden hold on and become the 46th President of The United States, here’s how I see things playing out ... along with some other related observations.
1. President Trump is not a quitter.
2. President Trump hates to lose.
3. President may never concede this race to Joe Biden.
4. President Trump may not invite Biden to The White House prior to January 20, 2021.
5. Should Biden become the 46th President of The United States, President Trump may not attend a Biden Inauguration.
This would not be because President Trump is not a gentleman. It will be because he truly believes that this election was blatantly stolen from him because of massive fraud and other voting irregularities; particularly, in key battleground states.
Despite what the national media regularly reports, there are many examples to back up Trump’s assertions.
6. If President Trump falls short in The Decision 2020 election, you haven’t heard the last from him.
7. Trump is likely to run for President in 2024. Should he win, he would join Grover Cleveland (the 22nd and 24th President) as only the second American President to serve two non-consecutive terms.
8. Despite what you may hear from the so-called experts; if Trump wants the 2024 Republican Nomination, it’s his for the asking.
9. President Trump may announce his intentions to run in 2024 before the end of this year.
Towards this end, President Trump has endorsed Ronna McDaniel for another term as Republican National Committee Chair.
This is clearly a prelude to a another Presidential run.
“I am pleased to announce that I’ve given my full support endorsement endorsement to Rana McDaniel to continue heading the Republican national committee. With 72 million votes, we receive more votes than any sitting president in US history - and we will win!“ Trump said in a recent tweet.
President Trump supported McDaniel for RNC chair in 2017 after she was largely credited with putting together an electoral ground game and plan that shocked the experts when President Trump won the state of Michigan in 2016 over Hillary Clinton.
Never does a defeated candidate have such power to pick the next party Chair. Trump does. Another sign that the 2024 Republican Nomination is his, unless he doesn’t want it.
However, President Trump has earned a Republican record more than 72 million national votes and still growing.
10. Don’t be surprised if President Trump promptly creates and launches “Trump Media.”
It would mostly likely be an online, digital platform subscription service that tens of millions of Americans (including me) will gladly purchase and pay our monthly subscription fee.
I’m sure that President Trump would love to go the route of a cable network of his own, which he is more than capable of putting together.
However, just ask Rush Limbaugh, it’s very hard to get on-air clearance and so the digital online option is the most practical and can be launched on an expedited basis.
Rush had a great television program. He simply couldn’t get enough on-air clearance to make it worthwhile and generate the footprint that he needed to achieve his desired impact.
11. A potential Trump 2024 campaign is bad news for Vice President Mike Pence, former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, United States Senator Tom Cotton and a long list of others who were looking forward to running for President in 2024.
I’d like to see Pence stay on the Trump ticket. The two compliment each other very well, with distinctly different characteristic traits and skill sets.
Another factor to consider is that the 2024 election will likely be for an open seat, as few believe that Biden would seek a second term at age 82.
12. This would position Trump as the candidate seeking re-election.
13. A two-term Presidency, featuring two non-consecutive terms, could position Trump to be an even more consequential President.
In a second term, Trump would likely have a majority in both Houses of Congress and would have no decisions to make that would be based upon ever running again for election.
That can be very empowering and effective.
14. I see at least two more Supreme Court vacancies to be filled between 2025-2028. Also, there is no way that the senior Associate Justice Clarence Thomas will retire during the next four years during a potential Biden Presidency.
15. Here is another undeniable. Should President Trump fall short in 2020, the only reason is the pandemic.
It created a Bizarro World environment. There is simply no way that a basement dwelling Biden could have ever won otherwise. Biden campaigned less than any major party candidate in history.
A corrupt national media ran Biden’s campaign for him. It was disgraceful.
16. I think it is also beyond dispute that Pfizer knew prior to the November 3, 2020 General Election that its COVID-19 vaccine was more than 90 percent effective.
I long ago predicted that these life-saving announcements would take place immediately after the election. It’s inconceivable that the timing of this is a coincidence. It was purposeful, to prevent President Trump and his Operation Warp Speed from having a great victory just prior to election day.
This achievement alone probably would’ve delivered a second consecutive term for President Trump and they all know it.
When delivered in the near future, this will be the fastest vaccine ever achieved in the history of the world. That’s why the announcement was delayed.
17. As I write down my thoughts and share with you in the form of this open letter ... there’s absolutely no quit in President Trump.
Presently, there is a full hand-to-hand recount of all Georgia ballots; along with formal challenges in multiple other battleground states, including: Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada.
The final chapter of Decision 2020 has yet to be written.
Stay tuned, as I provide you with the best seat in the house.