Resorts Atlantic City Announces Reopening Plan to Keep Guests, Employees Safe
Resorts Casino in Atlantic City revealed their plan to welcome guests and employees back to a safe environment and they say they are ready to reopen the minute Gov. Murphy gives the go-ahead.
In a press release, Resorts introduced their "Play Safe, Work Safe" plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring guests and Resorts team members that they'll return to safe, yet comfortable and fun conditions.
Resorts President and CEO Mark Giannantonio said, "We want our guests to be able to enjoy the friendly and warm experience that has always been part of our core values but with the addition of new health and safety measures. We are excited about being one of the safest destinations in our region upon reopening."
Giannantonio also stated Resorts has installed, "the best sanitization and air quality technology available."
So, what will a 'safe' environment mean? The following steps included in the press release are as follows:
Advanced cleaning and decontamination efforts.
- The installation of UV-C sterilization technology on all escalators to regularly eliminate bacteria and viruses on handrails.
- Mobile ultraviolet light technology that is utilized in the nation’s top hospitals will be used to clean and disinfect areas including hotel rooms and public restrooms.
- Advanced UV technology will be installed in the air handlers to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Installation of a bipolar ionization air purification system, which purifies and disinfects the air flowing into a space and reduces the spread of airborne viruses and bacteria resulting in healthier indoor air quality.
- Servpro, a professional cleaning company, has disinfected and sanitized the casino complex with their patented electrostatic spraying process.
New safety initiatives for guests.
- Hotel guests can use mobile express check-in and checkout.
- Casino and hotel elevators will maintain a maximum occupancy of four people.
- Social distancing throughout the property including on the casino floor where every other slot machine will be available for play and there will be limited seating at all table games.
- Seating in Resorts-owned and tenant-operated restaurants will be reduced to provide a comfortable dining experience.
- Hand sanitizer stations and hand wipes will be readily available throughout the property.
The Play Safe, Work Safe plan also includes measures to ensure the health and well-being of team members with mandatory health screening and temperature checks.
Further updates on the reopening of Resorts can be found here.