The 25th Annual Sea Isle City Polar Bear Plunge Guide
This weekend is the much-anticipated 25th anniversary of the Sea Isle City Polar Plunge and there is quite a celebration in store.
So here is a guide so you have all the information you need to know!
You can register as late as Saturday, February 16th! Registration hours are on Friday, February 15th at La Costa's Deck Bar Tend from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, February 16th at La Costa's Landis Avenue Front Tent from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
All of the funds raised over the Polar Bear Plunge weekend go towards supporting special service schools, autism support groups and families of special needs children.
A lot of businesses close up shop during the winter in Sea Isle. But this Annual Polar Bear Plunge weekend brings the town back to life with various restaurants and businesses opening for this momentous occasion. Some of the businesses that have committed to being open are The Ocean Drive, Shenanigans, Dead Dog Saloon, O'Donnell's Pour House, Oar House Pub, Sands Department Store and Kix McNutley's.
Friday, February 15th
There are two main events:
1. The Polar Bear Prince and Princess Contest for contest 12 to 16 years old which kicks off at 7:30 PM. Winners are chosen based on a Q&A.
2. The Polar Bear King and Queen Contest which starts at 9:00 PM. All contestants commit to fundraising for Mike's Run/Walk for Autism and winners will be determined based on each participant's money raised and their on-stage interview which is usually based on Sea Isle history.
To register for either contest, click here.
Saturday, February 16th
There is a full schedule set for the actual day of the plunge and registration kicks off bright and early -- at 8:00 AM -- at the Landis Avenue Front Tent. Also be sure to check out all of the vendors set up for the day!
Check out the full schedule below:
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Funzaluv in the Landis Avenue Front Tent
• 11:30 a.m.: the epic Polar Bear Costume Contest begins in the JFK Boulevard Main Tent at La Costa
• 2 p.m.: the Polar Bear Plunge
• 3-7 p.m.: Legacy Band in Landis Avenue Front Tent
• 4-8 p.m.: CJ & Shackleton at the Deck Bar
• 10 a.m.-11 p.m.: DJ entertainment on the Deck Bar
• 3-7 p.m.: The Insiders in the JFK Main Tent
• 2-6 p.m.: Split Decision in La Costa Lounge
• 7-10 p.m.: Matt MacPherson in Landis Avenue Front Tent
• 7-11 p.m.: The Rockets in La Costa Lounge
• 11 p.m.-2:30 a.m.: Fish Out of Water in La Costa Lounge.
Sunday, February 17th
This day is dedicated to Mike's Seafood Autism Walk/Run. On-site registration is from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM and the walk itself kicks off at 12:00 PM with an awards ceremony and breakfast buffet kicking off at 2:00 PM.
Following the race the Third Annual Cornhole Tournament begins at 3:00 PM and registration opens at 2:00 PM at La Costa.
Then the party continues at Insiders with live music from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM and then with Matt Q from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM at La Costa Lounge.