Update: Woman Found Dead on a Street in Atlantic City Ruled a Suicide
Police in Atlantic City say the death of a woman from Philadelphia Wednesday night has been ruled a suicide.
An investigation conducted by detectives with the Atlantic City Police Department's Criminal Investigations Section says the woman jumped from an upper level of the Ocean Casino Resort parking garage.
According to a press release, at around 8:30 Wednesday night, Atlantic City police officers responded to the beach block of New Jersey Avenue for the report of a woman found lying in the street. Medical personnel arrived at the scene and the woman, who was identified only as being 29-years-old and from Philadelphia, was pronounced dead.
Atlantic City Police say Ocean Casino Resort security assisted in their investigation.
For anyone that needs assistance, or knows someone that needs help, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or text TALK to 741741. Help is also available online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
More Atlantic City News from WPG Talk Radio 95.5 FM:
- Foley Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Atlantic City Live on WPG
- Atlantic City Man Wanted for Attempted Murder Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Atlantic City Mayor Marty Small Likely to Face Big Election Challenge
- Atlantic City Casinos Battling More Than Coronavirus in 2021
- Atlantic City Non-profit Assists Local Students, Homeless