How to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Home During Quarantine
Cinco de Mayo is an awesome holiday to celebrate with friends and this year, it falls on a Tuesday, which people coincidentally call Taco Tuesday. It sucks that this year we are under a stay-at-home order from the governor due to COVID-19, so we'll just have to celebrate from home, right?
It's easy and I'll tell you how my husband and I will be celebrating.
For the drinks!
Here's my husband's recipe for his margarita.
- 4 oz of margarita mix or sour mix
- 1 oz of triple sec
- 2 oz of tequila
- 1 oz of amaretto (optional)
- Once all ingredients are combined, add ice in your shaker.
- Shake well and pour over new ice into a glass with a salted rim.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
My hubby adds a little amaretto, because our friend Kyle made them for us and we loved the taste, so that's how we make them now.
To make the margaritas, my husband uses a jigger and a cocktail shaker like the ones below.
If you don't have these bartender tools at home, no worries! My hubby says you can use a measuring cup that measures in ounces and a cup that has a lid that you can shake. If you have a blender bottle or any water bottle with a lid, will work too.
Now onto what you're eating tonight!
If you're making tacos at home, make sure you've got all your taco essentials. (These are the ones we love)
- Ground beef (Make sure you buy taco seasoning, it's life changing)
- Taco shells (I love nacho cheese ones, but regular ones or flour tortillas will do too.
- Shredded lettuce
- Jalapenos (if you're into spice)
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
Whatever you decide, Cinco de Mayo will be awesome celebrating at home as long as you make it fun!