The man convicted of murdering an dismembering two Egyptian nationals and burying their remains in shallow graves in Buena Vista receives two consecutive lifetime prison terms.

Yusuf Ibrahim (NJ Atty. General's Office)
Yusuf Ibrahim (NJ Atty. General's Office)

Yusuf Ibrahim, 31, of Jersey City, was sentenced in Jersey City Thursday by Superior Court Judge Mitzy Galis-Menendez, the same judge who ordered him to serve 18 years in 2015, on state charges connected to a pair of brutal armed robberies.

The sentence includes more than 127 years of parole inelgibility, according to the office of New Jersey Attorney General Christopher S. Porrino. Ibrahim was also handed a concurrent 48 years for charges including desecration of human remains, theft, unlawful possession of a weapon, and hindering apprehension.

Ibrahim was found guilty of murdering Hany Tawadros, 25, and Amgad Konds, 27, on the morning of February 5, 2013. Prosecutors contended that Ibrahim shot each once in the chest with a .38-caliber handgun inside a Mercedes C280 belonging to Konds.

Ibrahim then drove the car to Atlantic County, to a wooded spot behind a relative's empty house in Buena Vista. There, authorities said, he cut off their heads and hands with a small drywall saw and scissors, and knocked out their teeth with a tire iron, in order to render them unidentifiable. He took their money and jewelry before burying them.

After staying overnight at the house, Ibrahim abandoned the Mercedes in Philadelphia, setting it on fire in a secluded spot, authorities said.

On February 7, New Jersey State Police detectives reached the Buena Vista house in response to a report of suspicious activity, and, searched the nearby woods. A cadaver dog discovered disturbed soil near a trail.

Obtaining a warrant, detectives excavated the area on February 8 and found the two victims' remains. The cadaver dog located the heads and hands about 40 yards away, and the tools nearby.

The Mercedes was recovered by Philadelphia police, who found evidence of the killings inside. Ibrahim was taken into custody on February 10 in Bayonne.

Before the murder trial, Ibrahim had begun serving time for his guilty plea to charges tied to a 2012 armed robbery in Jersey City. Ibrahim admitted shooting a victim in the foot with a handgun, then pistol-whipping him while taking his money and cell phone.

He also pleaded guilty to a robbery count filed by the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, related to a late 2011 carjacking in Jersey City.

For the purpose of calculating parole ineligibility under New Jersey's No Early Release Act, a life sentence is defined as 75 years. The requirement of serving 85 percent of any term before parole consideration brings Ibrahim to the aggregate 127-and-a-half years of mandatory confinement.