EHT Bar Pays Touching Tribute to 13 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan
In a beautiful yet haunting honor, a popular bar and restaurant in Egg Harbor Twp. reserved a table for the 13 U.S. servicemen and women who lost their lives in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan earlier this month.
Well done, Tilton Inn Bar and Grill, well done.
This tribute stopped my heart the moment I saw it. A table with 13 pints of beer waiting for soldiers who will never drink them. 'Thank You for Your Service' notes for eyes that will never read them. Red roses for noses that will never smell them.
There is tremendous impact in this simple gesture. Just looking at it brings on the need for a moment of silence. It feels very solemn.
On August 26th in Kabul, Afghanistan, those 13 service members (12 marines and a navy medic) made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and for the Afghan citizens they were trying to protect as the United States began to withdrawal our troops from that country after 20 years, paying with their lives.
Dozens of Tilton Inn patrons praised the bar and grill for its tribute. Jenn Shallow-Weldon writes in the comments of Tilton Inn's Facebook post, 'This is why we love this establishment'. Mandy Christopher said, 'A beautiful tribute to our fallen soldiers.'
- U.S. Marine Sgt. Johanny Rosario
- U.S. Marine Cpl. Hunter Lopez
- U.S. Marine LCpl. Kareen Nikoui
- U.S. Marine LCpl. Rylee McCollum
- U.S. Marine LCpl. Jared Schmitz
- U.S. Marine LCpl. David Lee Espinoza
- U.S. Navy Corpsman Maxton Soviak
- U.S. Marine SSgt. Taylor Hoover
- U.S. Marine Cpl. Deagan Page
- U.S. Army SSgt. Ryan Knauss
- U.S. Marine Cpl. Humberto Sanchez
- U.S. Marine Sgt Nicole Gee
- U.S. Marine Ricky Thompson